Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve in the MTC

Hello Everyone-

There is a Christmas movie playing right now so Elder P. and I decided to go and do our laundry together. The other guys were wanting to be obedient and stay and watch the movie...but Elder P. and I decided that there wasn't going to be any time tomorrow, so we are here now, and we have the entire laundry room to ourselves! Anyway I sent some hand written letters home. They are a lot easier to send than emails, and I never thought I would say that- because thinking of writing a letter before I came out here seemed weird. However there is something about writing a hand written letter that makes it easier to express your feelings. The language is going alright, I am slowly catching on, and I have definitely learned a lot more than I have back in the high school days of German. I can even say a whole prayer, and give a pretty basic testimony in Tagalog. I think the hardest thing we have to do is teach our teachers who are pretending to be investigators.  Now they are telling us that we can't bring notes in to help us, I am not sure what they expect from it, but it sure is a humbling experience.



This morning we had to wake up at 5:20 am to go do a service project. We got to change toilet paper rolls and clean mirrors in another building! That was probably the highlight of my day, however it feels like that was a completely different day and I can tell you the truthfulness of the saying, "The days feel likes weeks, and the weeks feel like days"- because I can seriously not believe that it has already been almost two weeks.

It is so great- because everyone I have wanted to see while being in here has just randomly popped up somewhere, its crazy how things like that work. I have to go switch my laundry now, oh and I will let you know that missionaries in the MTC are not allowed to call home on Christmas, so I won't be able to call until I am in the airport. I love you ALL and keep writing LETTERS please, (specifically DearElder, or handwritten)

Merry Christmas! Love-Elder Roy

1 comment: