Monday, February 18, 2013

First Week in Quezon City


Dear Family,
      I am now in the Philippines! Everything is going great so far. The first thing we did when we got here was drive to the stake center of course. Mom you would die if you had to ride in a car here, you would have a heart attack multiple times! haha it was quite a new experience. So after we got to the stake building, I was amazed that its a three story building, and every window has bars on it. We found out that we are early by two weeks, and our real training isn't going to start until next transfer day, which is the 27th. So for right now I am with Elder Kmetzsch and Elder Barba. One of them will be my trainer for sure, but we are not  sure which one yet.

Well, I have forgotten my camera cord, and there are a billion crazy stories to tell already... and just like dad said, it is just like camping everyday. Haha- we don't buy toilet paper, and showering is a different experience, but I am loving it, the people are great, the food is great, and the heat is great haha. Anyway I will be sure to send pictures next week, and I will try to write more. I am not sure if I can send hand written letters, and if we can I don't know how to yet. oh and jet-lag is terrible! I'll wake up at like 2 or 3 in the morning and feel ready to go, and then at around 3 or 4 in the evening I'll be dead tired. Also what's Cam and Nicks emails so I can write them next time? I am going to try balut later tonight!!! *Next week my p day will be on Tuesday, but that's only for transfer week.

More news soon
-Love Elder Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment