Monday, March 11, 2013

My Area...and Dead Mice

Hello Everyone!
 I switched the quality setting on my camera and I should be able to send a ton of pictures to you today of our house. I haven't taken very many pictures of my area. Thank you for sending all the emails! I have felt pretty deprived of all the lack of letters (going from getting a bunch in the MTC to getting none!) So I will try to make this email as packed as possible.
Life in the Philippines...mouse trap
 


I'll start with Elder Kmetzsch. I am never sure if I am spelling his name right, and I always have to look at his name tag. He gets all the people's attention when walking down the road and I feel a little attention deprived! When we start talking to people a lot of them think I am Filipino and talk to me as if I know the language-haha, so I then look at Elder Kmetzsch and wait for him to answer. He is a great trainer though and he is always worrying about things that don't need that much worrying about. He has thrown up twice since I have been here.
 

Elder Niar and Elder Latu are the zone leaders and they live in the house with us. Elder Niar cooks and is Filipino. Elder Latu likes to have deep discussions and is from Australia.

Right now, we have two investigators with a baptismal date, one of which I've invited to be baptized- last night. It was a great experience! The other has family that are members, and he is really smart. Its just church attendance that is holding us back right now.










 There are a lot of great foods here, and we actually ate my favorite dish when we went to the Flores family's for dinner, its called Pancit its the bomb! Halo Halo is the best dessert. There are also a lot of bakeries which are AMAZING. Love you all...please keep on writing emails like every day, we get more time than 30 minutes here in to field to email, so I will have more time to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment