Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 21, 2013

Alright, we have a lot to cover- first I will start with a spiritual story from the week...

We were going to look for a LA the other week and decided to start some tracting. Of course we get the classic lines from people "Next time na lang" or "I'm busy" (busy texting or sitting on the stinkin' couch!:) So, once we get past all those people we see a garage type thing with some real breed dogs in there, which here are really expensive.  Elder McDonald says we should ask about their dogs to get into the house.  It works and they start showing us all these exotic animals that they sell, and we realize they are loaded... with money. The head of the house that was present is actually the brother to a government guy here, and there are about 4 families I think that live there! The crazy thing is that this guy when he was in high school went to church with one of his friends. Then he moved, but he is really interested, and I know this man was totally prepared for us by the Lord. This also helps me to know that the Lord guides us, and will prepare people for us, we just have to seek them out.
Big news for this week, Elder McDonald is transferring and the other two elders in the house next to us are out. So I hardly know this area, and I am a little bit stressed about knowing how to get to houses, but I will be alright.

Last week,  I let one of the Elders borrow my camera to take pictures,and when he brought it back all my pictures were gone! He said he didn't know what happened so I just accepted it. Thankfully halfway through last week all the pictures came back some how! It was a miracle.

I got to hear from Elder Fotheringham and Clement, and it sounds like our missions have a lot in common with a lot of differences.

I am trying to think of more things to write about now...

Oh yeah- and this guy cooked some turtles for us at his house, that was pretty cool.

I got my scriptures back with the new leather on it.

That was so awesome to Skype last week! Sorry if I was too quiet, it just a lot of people around, and some people were yelling really loud.

Well, this computer isn't letting me send any pictures. I am excited and nervous at the same time for tomorrow! I will let you know about it all next week.

I love you all!
-Elder Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment