Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 27, 2013

Hello Family & Friends,


We've had an awesome week! It's good to slow down and write about the days. So much going on here I'm wondering where to start.
Had some troubles with one of our investigators. He is a bit depressed that Elder McDonald transferred out of the area. He is sad that we have to move his baptism date back... he was mad that we hadn't texted him back within 35 minutes of his last text (we were at a dinner appointment but I think that he thinks we revolve around him) Anyway, whenever we teach him its a really cool experience, he knows the Bible really well, and he is pretty accepting of our teachings. Its just he always gets mad at us for little things... its a tough life =)

Next I would like to give a shout out to my Koya (older brother, Nick) and wish him a happy birthday, he is 23!!! I can't believe how time works now. Its crazy!

Next- Maddy is going to be 16, driving and dating! THAT sounds like trouble.

So, last week was transfer week, Elder Granger from Montana is my new companion (this is his last transfer until he goes home.) We inherited another area into ours, so its a BIG area. Now I have just become the District Leader. It's pretty crazy, but Elder Granger is pretty experienced in the mission, and being a leader so he has been helping me a bunch.

Elder Kmetzsch my Tatay (dad) in the mission just became the assistant to the mission president. 

We will also be getting a new mission president next transfer! 

I am getting pretty "trunky" this transfer- having a companion that's going home. I haven't felt until now that its going to be a while until the end of my mission:)
I can't believe that I have been here over 3 months now. The language is getting there...now I'm trying to focus more on teaching good lessons.

They just made backpacks against the rules, basically if you have one you can use it, but I think they are trying to start to get rid of them.

We went to the mall earlier and I bought some new sandals.

I am not sure what's up with my camera,. I 'm going to try to send pictures right now.

Anyway the first picture is us on a jeep, the two elders on the right aren't in our area, they were just showing just around the area...
Cool picture of me

 Me and our street kids (they are like a year younger than me)

el chupa cabra
More news next week!!!! 
 -Elder Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment