Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 2, 2013

 I forgot my camera! But that's ok... I have some things to talk about!

First of all, we got to go to the temple today and it was AWESOME!

So- last week was Holy Week here, it was quite the experience. We have heard of people in Pangpanga that nail themselves to cross's or whip their own backs. We saw some people driving around with big crucifix's and even a Black Nazareth Crucifixion, that was a first. 

On Holy Friday, (first let me explain that movies don't really have ratings here), we went to a member's house to visit- and they happened to be watching The Passion of the Christ, So it was kinda weird, but I guess in a way its about the Atonement.

On Friday to Sunday...everything was quiet, and the roads were a bit barren. It was too quiet!

Transfer day is coming up next week!!!!!!!!!!! We should find out who is transferring next Monday! oh on temple day and transfer day we have p day on Tuesday, so after next week it should go back to Monday p days again!

 So a few weeks ago, I was new to the train system here, and I almost got left behind! The thing was crammed packed like a sardine can, and I was like there is no way I am getting on there and my comp and Elder Niar and Elder Latu got on, and I was just standing there! The door starts to close and I got my foot in the way of it closing just in time! Then I had to shove in to the dumb thing! I am not the smallest guy around!:D


Next story- Elder Niar falls asleep and is out cold! You can slap him and punch him and he doesn't even wake up. So we decided we would move him to another bed, so we moved him into the one below mine. It was pretty funny, but we wanted to see if we could get him up onto the top bunk! So we did and we put him up on my bed under the mosquito net. I have pictures that I will send next week. Anyway when he woke up he was so confused... we laughed for a while and that's is pretty much it.

I have seen a lot of different things here, like rooster fights! but I will talk more about the crazy stuff after my mission.

Next month is Mothers Day and we get to Skype!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I love you all! goodbye...Love-Elder Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment