Monday, April 22, 2013

Beauty and Balut

Hello Everyone-

Thank you for writing! My new area is in Bagong Nayon, and we are in the Cogeo zone.



I am so excited to see Jaden's birthday. Maddy is almost 16?!



I was able to write Sister Flores today, and the whole letter was in Tagalog, which is getting easier. The understanding of it is coming a lot faster than the speaking part.


Since the new rule of emailing I have been emailing a lot of my friends, I cant believe that some of them are already out in the field. I have been emailing Cole as well, pretty awesome!


This first picture is of me and Elder McDonald from Payson, Utah


The second is of the house we are in now, its a bit of a downgrade from the last house

This third picture is of a member cutting my hair, the hair cutters here are like artists

 Bucket showers every day!!! Next thing about this new area is that it is huge!! We have to take Jeepnies everywhere! Its a little hard on the budget! But Elder McDonald has spent 10 months in this area so I think I will be okay.


This next picture is of this really old Book of Mormon that Elder McDonald gave to me. I think its like 1976 edition.



When we went up into the mountain a little further it becomes a jungle. Its beautiful here!

Balut is actually pretty good, but the after effects weren't -haha



A picture of me:D

 ... and a picture of my new frog wallet!



 So far our biggest focus in this area is retention of the members, but we do have some people that are really interested, and we will have a few soon with baptism dates. Looks like a jungle from the top, but once you start walking around its just a bunch of concrete houses. When we went up into the mountain a little further it becomes a jungle. Its beautiful here!

 *Mom- my favorite scriptures would either be: 1 Nephi 17:13

   "And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led."

or... 2 Nephi 22:2 

 " Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation."


Love you all---more news next week!
 -Elder Roy



No comments:

Post a Comment